THE WHOLE REALM AND RANGE OF CHRIST FOR EXPERIENCE, IS DEPENDENT UPON HIS RISEN LIFE IN US, OUR LAYING HOLD OF IT, AND STANDING ON IT. MAY THE LORD SHOW US MORE OF WHAT THAT MEANS.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THE DANCE


This morning, a thought___ actually, a question, kept going through my mind. 
"What goes forward, and backward at the same time, and still remains together?"
A whole day has gone by, and I am just now seeing that it is the answer that I've asked the Lord for concerning something that has been on my heart.
Maybe one reason I didn't get it at first, is because I have two left feet.  When it comes to dancing,  I've already got it in my head what the next step should be, not taking into consideration that I have a partner.  I just automatically expect them to follow.  And I'm always stepping on toes.
If I step backward with the rhythm of the song,  then I just expect my partner to step forward, and follow me.  I know you can see where I'm going with this.
One of the first things to learn, is that there is one who leads, and one who follows.  The One who leads is the strength of the dance,  the one who follows is the beauty of the dance, she glorifies the leader, with surrender to his lead.
There is a knowing in the dance,  being of one mind in the flow of it.  The movements can speak of the many emotions of the flesh___but of coarse I am not speaking of that form of dancing.
There is a "Dance of Spirit" that we can learn, called the "Unity of the Faith."  It is a dance of the heart, the mind and the spirit.  It is the dance of the brethren, it is the dance of the Bride of Christ and her Groom.  It is a dance of mystery,  as they are one as the Bride surrenders to the lead of her Lord.  Forward and backward, yet ever as one.
As we surrender to His lead,  and allow Him to manifest the strength of His will and purpose,  it will become the glory of the dance,  the beauty of the revealing of the Son of God in His dance of Love.__Raf

No comments:

Post a Comment