THE WHOLE REALM AND RANGE OF CHRIST FOR EXPERIENCE, IS DEPENDENT UPON HIS RISEN LIFE IN US, OUR LAYING HOLD OF IT, AND STANDING ON IT. MAY THE LORD SHOW US MORE OF WHAT THAT MEANS.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A TEACHABLE SPIRIT


"Lord, help me to receive your Word, and treasure your commands within me,  so that I might incline my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding;  I cry out for discernment, and lift my voice for understanding.  I search for the hidden riches of your Word as one who searches for silver and gold. 
Let my knowledge be found in You, for to fear You is the beginning of wisdom.  You have promised to give wisdom to those who ask.  I seek it from your own mouth.  For You are the Living Word and You have promised the stored up wisdom to the upright.
You shield those who walk uprightly.  You guard the paths of justice and preserve the way of Your saints.  Therefore do I wait upon You Lord,  to learn and understand righteousness, justice, equity, and every good path."
Today I offended someone by sharing the written Word, Lord___ concerning a particular post that they had posted on their blog.  You used this to teach me a valuable lesson. 
Proverbs 2;10-11  " When wisdom enters into your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul;  Discretion shall preserve you and understanding shall keep you:"
I'm not a very tactful or reserved personality__ when I am blessed by Your Word Lord,  I want to run with it instead of rejoicing before You.  
You pointed out how my eagerness was received as insensitive and froward.  I thought it would be received gladly as from the Lord, since it was quoted directly from the Word.  I didn't even consider the length of my comment.  I didn't consider anything at all.  I didn't wait. 
If the Holy Spirit hasn't spoken that Word through His witness within, to be shared, then it becomes the letter of the Word that can be received in offence or condemnation.
This is a type of frowardness, and it is an abomination to the Lord.  His secrets,  ( the opening of His Word to us, comes from the mind of Christ, though His Holy Spirit.  It is always the same__it glorifies Christ.  When it is manifested according to His will and good pleasure, according to His purpose.
How do we discern when we are being froward in sharing the Word of God? 
The answer for me is that of speaking or presenting God's Word,  either out of my own understanding and interpretation, or out of the anointing of the Holy Spirit, who is the power and revelation of the Word we share, whether it be the written Word, or the spoken Word.
Froward-ness will only sow discord among brethren.  As well intentioned as we might be in sharing our zeal and convictions concerning the Word, it may be without any discernment of the heart and mind of the receiver. 
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable__ because it is the Word that precedes out of his mouth by the Holy Spirit.  In my zeal,  I did not wait upon the Lord.  The scriptures were truth, but rejected because of my presuming it would be received.  The Lord prepares the heart of the one receiving His Word, even as He is in the Word He speaks.
Though sharing God's Word is our liberty in Christ__The WORD Himself will counsel, comfort, exhort, lead and guide those who hear it, by His Spirit.  And we must discern the Spirits leading at all times in presenting Christs Testimony. 
Our minds and hearts must always be teachable, open to how the Holy Spirit is revealing Christ.  Not doctrine,  not opinion, not law, not private interpretation;  But the discernible Word of God which will always give witness to Christ.  It will always be received by the hungry spirit, the thirsting spirit, the teachable spirit__the prepared heart.
Lord, deliver me from any froward-ness in presenting Your Word.  ___Raf

No comments:

Post a Comment