THE WHOLE REALM AND RANGE OF CHRIST FOR EXPERIENCE, IS DEPENDENT UPON HIS RISEN LIFE IN US, OUR LAYING HOLD OF IT, AND STANDING ON IT. MAY THE LORD SHOW US MORE OF WHAT THAT MEANS.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THE HEART OF A SHEPHERD KING

2 SAMUEL 23:13-17  "And three of the thirty chief went down, and came to David in the harvest time unto the cave of Adullum: and the troop of the Philistines pitched in the Valley of Rephaim.
And David was then in a hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.
David longed, and said, "O that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!
And the three mighty men break through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David:  nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.
And he said, "Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives:"  therefore he would not drink of it.  These things did these three mighty men.
Oh Lord, there's so much here to learn, both in the natural aspect of our lives and the spiritual.  The "shepherd-ness" the "priestly-ness" and the "kingly authoritative-ness.
I've always feared my lack of respect and true understanding of the difference between the Shepherd and the King.  Both personalities, I perceived as stern, totally uncompromising, and without a sense of joy.  How was I ever going to come into right relationship with someone like that?  After all I knew myself, and there was no way I'd ever measure up without controversy and rebellion. 
I wasn't about to follow someone else's say so about a God that demanded something from me I wasn't sure I wanted to give.   I always asked "Who did you say this Jesus was?"  And they'd answer in the words of numberless denominations, home studies, door knocker proselyte makers, you name it.  But no one impressed me that they had met this shepherd-king and KNEW HIM  personally in a way that convinced me that He was the one communicating His reality to them, instead of a lot of second hand, hand me down info on some one who lived thousands of years ago.
"PROVE TO ME THAT HE'S ALIVE AND RISEN FROM THE DEAD!"
But the Word of Him, had begun to take root in me.  He was taking root.  And in spite of myself, His Holy Spirit was revealing, HIS REALNESS.
In the mundane-ness of my life,  this One, I knew not, came, and said, "Follow Me."
It wasn't,  "will you follow Me"  it wasn't, "Follow me, or else."  It was a command that drew me to follow, like the first shoot of a sprouted seed breaks through the soil to the sunlight of day.
That was the life of David, from the very beginning.  He grew in the stature of the measure of God's will and purpose in him.  Yes, he was a man after God's own heart, not because he was a perfect men, but because he was the vision of God's own heart in glorifying Himself among His people,  and because He knew the seed which was planted in David, His heart tendered it as a master gardener would, seeing that it would come to fruition.
I know I've wandered in thought here, but it's nearly impossible not too.
Today we see the Davids of God's Kingdom, hold up in a wilderness place.  They are anointed and appointed vessels of the Lord.  Christ in them, who have and will come forth as the manifest Sons of God.
They long for the "Living Waters" of the well that never runs dry, in that place of God's fulfilled purpose in their lives.  
But:  
It is so important to understand, the mercy and grace of our God in surrounding us with the mighty men of faith that go valiantly into those spiritual strongholds to retrieve the Living Waters for us who long for it.  It's the self-less, covenanted, prayer warriors, watchers of the flock, shepherds of the sheep, who spend sleepless nights, and groan with the Heart of the Good Shepherd King, who willingly pursue and take it from those who have laid siege upon the rights and authority of what belongs to God's people.
Has anyone you know, made the sacrifice to deliver the Living Waters of God's Word to you?  You, a chosen vessel and one after God's own heart. 
When someone comes with the gift of the Living Word in his hand for you,  do you recognise the price that the mighty in faith, obedient, fearless and covenanted to Christ are presenting to you?
Where are the shepherd-kings?  Where are the mighty men,  or the thirty chief of the faith?
I believe that if we look, we will see them, all around us___and just like David, we will see those who for the unity and love of the brethren, give much, though sometimes unseen and unrewarded. Do we feel the awesome need to pour their priceless gifts out from ourselves, who have not considered the very blood of their lives that may have been offered in our behalf.
We wait and serve__they serve and wait.  Think on these things.
Oh, and I just want to let you know,  My Shepherd-King smiles.  __Raf

No comments:

Post a Comment