THE WHOLE REALM AND RANGE OF CHRIST FOR EXPERIENCE, IS DEPENDENT UPON HIS RISEN LIFE IN US, OUR LAYING HOLD OF IT, AND STANDING ON IT. MAY THE LORD SHOW US MORE OF WHAT THAT MEANS.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THE STILL SMALL VOICE AND THE LION'S ROAR


I have come to realize since I opened my site, that it is very easy to offend others.  I would say right now that I certainly would never do so intentionally.  I realize too that each of us look upon the Lord with having different backgrounds, nationalities, religious doctrinal beliefs and so on. 
I try very hard to focus and set my eyes upon the Lord, and what is His heart, His mind, His will, His Testament.  How I present it, may bring conflict in some instances, and I pray that you would seek first the unity of our faith, which is in Christ our Lord.
There is a blessedness that exists in the Un-offended.  That surety and security of faith in His loving discipline.  The fear of the Lord, in all we say and do.  Even if there are severe requirements of Him, to share His Testimony, and what seems contradictory, and sometimes unreasonable to others, or poorly presented in our way.
What is seen from the Hill top is a totally different view from the Valley.  In Christ we come up, and go down freely.  Each time inspired to relate the beauty of His fullness.  Sometimes our words do not convey the reality of the vision. 
His is the Lamb of God,  He is the Lion of Judah,  He is meek and lowly,  He is strong in the power of His Word.  He roars like a lion, and His enemies flee,  He speaks with a still small voice,  to those who have ears to hear.
I want no one to put value upon my perceptions of the reality of God and truth.  In this I will surely become an offence to many.  But let it be so, if it press you into Christ, seeking Him first, and listening for His Word within your own heart.
I am not saying that I will never offend anyone, or that I myself might not be offended.... what I am saying is that my heart is fixed in Love, God's love, and that in itself will offend some.
One once said,  "My dependence is upon Christ, which I hope expresses itself in iron devotion and loyalty to His Word.  This is the condition that governs all the blessedness of the un-offended."
Having said all this, my heart is full, for love of the brethren, the sheep of His pasture, His saints made perfect, His Bride.  He is our peace, there is no offence in Him toward us, though His life and death, and resurrection offends many.  ___Raf___

No comments:

Post a Comment