THE WHOLE REALM AND RANGE OF CHRIST FOR EXPERIENCE, IS DEPENDENT UPON HIS RISEN LIFE IN US, OUR LAYING HOLD OF IT, AND STANDING ON IT. MAY THE LORD SHOW US MORE OF WHAT THAT MEANS.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SHAKE US TO OUR FOUNDATION LORD


Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another:  and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.  "And they shall be mine," said the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him."  Then shall you return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serves God and him that serves him not.___Malachi 3:16
How is it that the comforts of justice have made us so insolent of them?
How is it that the Commandments of God have become so petty, mean and despicable in the sight of men of justice?
Even as salt loses it's savor, the Divine element and it's quality of the Nature of Christ in His Beloved is being compromised.
My own flesh is perplexed at the possibility of it.  Though He has said,  "if it were  possible, the very elect would be deceived."
Shake us to our foundation Lord!  So that the things which cannot be shaken, will remain.
You are my constant and eternal Hope.  My vision of what you are after in me.  That "peculiar and priceless treasure" of Your making.  The treasure of my heart.  It is the magnificent obsession of my longing for you.  You are my passion, my enthusiasm, my compulsion and greatest joy.
Your Word speaks deep into the darkest regions of my soul where the fires of Your discipline and chastisement become the "Sting of God", the death of my flesh, as you temper, press and refine me.  I am the workmanship of your hands Lord.
As you mine the inner depths of me, You alone see what tremendous value there is in me,  for I know there is no good thing in me.  But you see the smallest things,  those things which I or others have dismissed, overlooked, scorned or even despised.  You, my Lord, saw only the potential of grace, mercy and forgiveness.  You saw "the fear of the Lord" in me.  Nothing of my moral-ness, but everything that would respond to Grace.
Unravel me Lord from the primordial garment of this flesh.  Deliver me from any and all  "feel good" comforts of truth and justice that would beguile my soul with, "Thou shalt not surely die."
Displace every alter and idol in me.  Anything that divides me from You and the unity of faith in and with my brethren.  for this is our greatest weakness.
Let us meet on the holy ground of Your Cross,  and your infinite and incalculable love and grace.  We acknowledge Your Blood of Sacrifice,  may we be willing to partake of it in the baptism of your sufferings.  For this will become our true revival our true overcoming in Your unshakable Faith.
Let us give proclamation to that inward sight of our Redeeming-Savior, joining with countless saints made perfect, singing,  "I have seen the face of Jesus___Tell me naught of aught beside."
Your testimony is the unveiling of Your life and light in us, the risen Son of God, and the knowing of You in all of your Divine fullness and significance.    (Raf)
"the  power of the Cross if manifest in God's people, in all of their multitudinous gatherings, would be a spontaneous forsaking of all that divides and weakens the Testimony of Christ."  T Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment